Road Work Creates More Closures This Week
This following locations will see occasional lane closures while undergoing repaving for the week of Monday, June 8th through Friday, June 12th(weather permitting):
- Alexander Dr – Between Nurick Dr and Haywood Ave
- Lockwood Cir – Between Sleepy Hollow Rd and Lockwood Cir
- Lockwood Dr – Between Ozark Rd and Lockwood Ter
- McCahill Rd – Between Browntown Road’s two intersections with McCahill Rd
- Nurick Dr – Between Folts Cir and Ozark Cir
- Social Cir – Between Ozark Rd and Haywood Ave
- Lake Resort Drive – Deep repair and paving – Between Hwy 153 and Northshore Dr
- Lawson St – Between Van Buren St and Hixson Pk
Expect minor delays as two-way traffic is maintained by flagging.
Walnut Street Bridge
The Walnut Street Bridge will be closed Wednesday, June 10th until Friday, June 12th from 8AM until 4:30PM daily for tree cutting. Market Street or Veterans Bridge are recommended detours during this time.
Station Street will be closed Fridays from 5PM until Sundays at 4PM to allow for outdoor dining by area restaurants. CDOT is working to help businesses comply with social distancing requirements by providing the extra room in our public space.
Reggie White Boulevard
Reggie White Boulevard will be closed Sundaysjws from 6AM until 6PM for the Chattanooga Essentials Market to enhance social distancing measures. CDOT is working to help businesses comply with social distancing requirements by providing the extra room in our public space
Beginning Tuesday, June 16th through Friday, June 19th, the 500 block of Wauhatchie Pike will be closed at the Norfolk Southern / CSX crossing due to railroad construction. Detours utilizing Birmingham Highway will be posted.