Post Nashville Tornado: How To Help
As officials in Nashville assess the damage and relief workers help people find their loved ones, Tennesseans across the middle part of the state are now left with the difficult task of rebuilding from the rubble. There are numerous ways you can help in this effort, either by giving money, donating items, or volunteering your time. Here are a few choices:
- United Way: The local chapter has launched a relief fund for middle Tennessee. Text RELIEF2020 to 41444 or donate online.
- Community Foundation: This group has activated the “Middle Tennessee Emergency Relief Fund.” Find it here.
- Donate Items: If you’re in the area and want to donate items (no clothing), the Nashville Emergency Operations Center has a way to do that. Find it here.
- Volunteer in Nashville: Potential volunteers can sign up with Hands On Nashville here.
- Volunteer in Mt. Juliet: Potential volunteers can sign up at the local police portal here.
- American Red Cross: The local chapter of this organization is on hand to assess needs and provide relief. It’s always looking for help. Find it here.
- GoFundMe: The crowdfunding site has a dedicated page for all verified campaigns related to the Tennessee tornado disaster. Find it here.